MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER:
DONA COOPER-DOCKERY, MD, P.A., LLC., dba COOPER INTERNAL MEDICINE & COOPER WELNESS AND DISEASE PREVENTION is looking for a Medical Social Worker to work in our Mcallen, TX located at 3604 North Mccoll RD. Mcallen, TX 78501. The candidate for this position must have Bachelor’s Degree in Social Worker or related and 5 yrs. experience in the job offered or related.
The position will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Identify people and communities in need of help
- Assess clients’ needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals
- Help clients adjust to changes and challenges in their lives, such as illness, or inability to access prescription drugs and other health resources and refer to the appropriate professional for treatment.
- Research, refer, and advocate for community resources, such as healthy foods, and healthcare to assist and improve a client’s well-being
- Respond to crisis situations such as elderly patients abuse and mental health emergencies; identifying them and refer to the appropriate professional;
- Follow up with clients to ensure that their situations have improved
- Assist the doctor in maintaining proper records
- Develop and evaluate programs and services to ensure that basic client social needs are met
- Assist in the development and execution of cognitive behavioral therapy for patients with obesity or any chronic disease.
- Social worker will help people cope with challenges in their lives. Help with a wide range of situations, such as adopting a child or being diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Assist the doctor with community and group education on healthy lifestyle modifications.
APPLICANTS SHALL MAIL RESUMES AND COVER LETTER TO:
Ms. Dona Cooper, General Partner. Dona Cooper-Dockery, MD. PA .
3604 North Mccoll RD. Mcallen, TX 78501.
Application opens on March 29th, 2021 and will end April 16th, 2021.
To find out more about upcoming events, you can give us a call at +1-844-343-8935.