Provides clinical nutrition services to inpatients and/or outpatients, including: assessment of individual nutritional status, evaluation and recommendation of appropriate dietary interventions to improve nutritional status, and education of patients and parents as indicated. Dietary interventions include oral diets, tube-feedings and intravenous feedings. Provides education and consultation for hospital staff, including nurses, physicians, and other hospital personnel, students of various disciplines, parent groups and professional organizations.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Serves all age groups.
• Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, foods and nutrition, or related area and minimum 2 years related experience required.
• Knowledge and application of medical nutrition therapy in pediatric patients.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to patients and families, public, medical staff and physicians.
• Ability to function independently on assigned patient care units.
• Ability to counsel and educate others.
• General knowledge of nutrient analysis, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
• Understands the scientific rationale and application of, as well as the basic nutritional content, sources and use of commercial supplements, tube feedings, infant formulas and feeding modules (fat, protein, carbohydrate, vitamins and minerals).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
• Registered Dietitian (R.D.), licensed to practice in Texas required.
• CSP, CNSD, CDE and IBCLC desired.
(Submit resume/CV to email@example.com )